Last updated August 26, 2019
1 – WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT
In Short: We collect personal information that you provide to use such as name, address, contact information, passwords and security data and payment information. We collect information that you voluntarily provide to us when registering on our Site expressing an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and services and features you use. The personal information we collect can include the following:
- Name and Contact Data: We collect your first and last name, email address, postal address, phone number, and other similar contact data.
- Credentials: We collect passwords, password hints, and other security information used for authentication and account access.
- Payment Data: We collect data necessary to process your payment if you donate or make a purchase, such as your payment instrument number (such as credit card number or bank account number), and the security code associated with your payment instrument.
- All payment data is stored by our payment processor and you should review its privacy policies and contact the payment processor director to respond to your questions
- As of 8.26.19 we use Stripe.com as our online payment processor. All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete and accurate and you must notify us of any changes to such information.
2 – HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
In Short: We process your information for purposes based on legitimate business interests, the fulfillment of our contact with you, compliance with our legal obligations, and/or your consent. We use personal information collected via our Sites for a variety of business purposes described below. We process your personal information for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests (“Business Purposes”), to enter into or perform a contract with you (“Contractual”), with your consent (“Consent”), and/or for compliance with our legal obligations (“Legal Reasons”). We indicate that the specific processing grounds we rely on next to each purpose listed below. We use the information that we collect or receive:
- To facilitate the account creation and login process with your consent: If you choose to link your account with us to a third party account *(Such as your Google or Facebook account), we will use the information you allowed us to collect from those third parties to facilitate account creation and login process.
- To send you marketing and promotional communications for Business Purposes:. We and/or our third-party marketing partners may use the personal information you send to us for marketing purposes if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. You can opt-out of our marketing emails at any time (see WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS” below).
- For Other Business Purposes: We may use your information for other Business Purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Sites, products, services, marketing and your user experience.
3 – WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?
In Short: We only share information with your consent, or to comply with laws, to protect your rights, or to fulfill business obligations. We only share and disclose information in the following situations:
- Compliance with Laws: We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so to comply with an applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests and Legal Rights: We may disclose your information where we believe it necessary to investigate, prevent, or act regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any persona and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- Vendors, Consultants and other Third-Party Service Providers: We may share your data with third party vendors, service providers, contracts or agents who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. Examples include: payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service and marketing efforts. We may allow selected third parties to use tracking technology on our Sites, which will enable them to collect data about how you interact with the Sites over time. This information may be used to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content and better understand online activity. Unless described in this policy, we do not share, sell, rent or trade any of your information with third parties for their promotional purposes.
- Business Transfers: We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- With Your Consent: We may disclose your personal information for any other purposes with your consent.
- Cookies are text files continaing small amoutns of information, which your computer or mobile device downloads when you visit a website. When you return to websites, or visit websites that use the same cookies, they recogonize these cookies and therefor your browsing device. These cookies help us personalize your experience and help us provide a better online experience for website visitors.
- Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer you can choose to set your browser to remove cookies and reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies, or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our website.
5 – DO WE USE GOOGLE MAPS
In Short: Yes, we use Google Maps for the purpose of providing better service.
6 – HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION
7 – HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
In Short: we aim to protect your personal information through a system of organizational and technical security measures.
- We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, please also remember that we cannot guarantee that the internet itself is 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our Sites is at your own risk. You should only access the services within a secure environment.
8 – DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS?
In Short: We do not knowingly collect data or market to children under 18 years of age.
- We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using our Sites, you represent that you are at least 18 years old or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the Sites. If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we have collected from children under the age of 18, please contact us at Danielle@FlFoodSafetySystems.com
9 – WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
In Short: You may review, change or terminate your account at any time.
- If you are a resident of the European Economic Area and you believe that we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact information here: http://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/article29/item-detail.cfm?item_id=612080 Account Information. If you would at any time like to review or change the information in your account or terminate your account, you can log into your account settings and update your user account or contact us at Danielle@FlFoodSafetySystems.com with subject line “deactivate account”.
- Cookies and Similar Technologies: Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer you can choose to set your browser to remove cookies and reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies, or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our website.
- Opting Out of Email Marketing: You can unsubscribe from our marketing emails list at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails that we send or by contacting us at Danielle@FlFoodSafetySystems.com. You will then be removed from the marketing email list, however we will still need to send you service-related emails that are necessary for the administration and use of your account.
10 – DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS POLICY
In Short: Yes, we will update this policy as necessary to stay compliant with relevant laws.
11 – HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS POLICY?
If you have any questions or comments about this policy, you may email us at Danielle@FlFoodSafetySystems.com com or by mail to Florida Food Safety Systems, 6175 3rd Ave South, St. Petersburg, FL 33707